Monday, 11 August 2008

My virgin blog entry...

What is this blog supposed to be? Well, a kind of diary and musings and thoughts...so far, so not very original. But it's a start. And I'm interested in the following things in life so blog potential is good, but will it be realised? Family, child development, British politics, sociolinguistics, identity politics, diaspora, British-Asian stuff, Indian stuff, media, feminism, multiculturalism, London life etc...you get the picture, I hope.

So, here goes...

Against all better judgement, considering our financial position, we've just arranged a week in France, near the fairytale castle city of Carcassonne, in the South of France. The weather is not looking too good, which is shame since our house comes with its own private pool. Let's see.

At the moment life is dominated with trying to cover the school holidays of my daughter, six -no easy task since my husband and I both work. But I think I've succeeded in arranging a suitably varied programme (at least that's what I like to think!) - bit of fun, bit of culture, bit of nana and bit of downtime. Any tips on 'what to do with kids in south-east London' gratefully received!

No comments: