Wednesday 30 June 2010

Empire State of Mind: Let's hear it for Southall

Regular readers may know that though I've been a South-East Londoner for 20-odd years now, my early and schooling years were spent in and around Southall, an outer West-London suburb with a large Asian community.  So I thought I'd share with you this funny, and actually quite good, parody of J-Zee's Empire State of Mind by Humili-Asian:
"...cos baby I'm from Southall
Concrete jungle where dreams are broken
There's nothing you can do
Now you're in Southall
These streets will try and sell anything as long as its faking
Lets's hear it for Southall, Hounslow, Harrow..."



Click here to check out my other posts about Southall.

1 comment:

Bob said...

Raven, not sure I already contacted you about this but I am organising a bit of a bloggers' drink on Saturday the 17th. More info here: http://brockley.blogspot.com/2010/06/bob-from-brockley-drink.html

I think Darryl from 853 and a few others on your blogroll might be there.

Venue to be confirmed, near London Bridge, for easy escape back to South London