|Display at C13th Well Hall Pleasaunce, Eltham (Apr, 2011)|
“A day of activities, events and special offers taking place in and around Eltham, enabling local people to rediscover their area.
There will be a wealth of activities for all the family to get involved in that are either free or offered at reduced rates during the annual Be a Local Tourist Day. A selection of town shops, bars and restaurants will also be offering special promotions.
A full programme for the day is set out below:
- free town centre guided walk, 2pm. Meet outside main gate of Eltham Palace, Court Yard (duration one and a half hours)
- free guided tours of The Lodge, Royal Blackheath Golf Club, Court Road, at 10am, 11am and 12pm. Meet outside The Lodge
- half-price entry to Eltham Palace from 10am to 4pm (last entry at 3pm). This is open to Royal Greenwich residents only, subject to proof of residence
- farmers' market, Passey Place, from 10am to 3pm
- Bob Hope Theatre, Wythfield Road, from 11.30am to 3.30pm. Open house with memorabilia on display. The Eltham Society will be presenting historical information on Eltham, and free refreshments will be provided
- open house at St John's Church, Eltham High Street from 11.30am to 3pm. Refreshments provided
- open day at Eltham Fire Station from 10.30am to 4pm, Eltham High Street”
-- Coffee Town, St Mary's Place: Half price hot drinks for anyone dressed like a tourist (on presentation of a Be A Local Tourist Day flyer) [uumm, ‘dressed like a tourist’? how does that work then?]
-- Gusella's Ristorante, Eltham High Street: Sunday roast 2 courses for £10.85.
-- Eltham Grill, Chequers Parade: 10% discount on presentation of Be a Local Tourist Day flyer.
More details of these, and other offers, at thisiseltham.co.uk
My post here on the 2011 ‘Be a local tourist in Eltham’