Sunday, 7 March 2010
Be a Local Tourist in Greenwich
Greenwich Council tells us:
"From Saturday 20 March to Sunday 28 March 2010, a host of popular Greenwich attractions, cultural venues and restaurants are throwing open their doors and offering special discounts and promotions to local people.
The Council has teamed up with participating venues in Eltham, Greenwich and Woolwich to run events across the borough."
The Be A Local Tourist event is designed to get residents out and about taking advantage of the area's culture.
Residents must show copies of the event leaflet when entering their chosen venues. These can be found in libraries, leisure centres, participating venues and the tourist information centre. Non-residents are also welcome to take part in local events and special offers.
Some of the highlights listed by the Council include:
* 50% off entry to the Art Deco Eltham Palace
* Sample all 11 brews from local brewery Meantime at a free talk and tasting session at Well Hall Pleasaunce on Wednesday 24 March
* Live music and international stalls at the Festival of Food at Passey Place on Sunday 28 March
* 2-for-1 tickets at London's Peter Harrison Planetarium
* 2-for-1 tickets for Volpone and The Duchess of Malfi at Greenwich Theatre
* 2-for-1 entry to The Fan Museum’s latest exhibition
* 2-for-1 River Roamer tickets on Thames Clippers
* Lunch and dinner at special rates at many of Greenwich’s restaurants including Café Rouge, Novotel's Elements Restaurant, Devonport House's restaurant.
* Comedy at Comedy on the Common with a special offer of two tickets for £10
* 2-for-1 entry to the Thames Barrier Information Centre.
For a full list of venues and further details, visit greenwich.gov.uk/Greenwich/LeisureCulture/News/Be-A-Local-Tourist